GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Gabriella Clare tallied two goals and an assist to lead the Knights to a 5-0 victory over Brockport in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) field hockey play, Wednesday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo opened the scoring 45 seconds into the game when junior forward Elisa Arcara scored on a five-yard shot off a pass from Clare.
- Arcara scored on her own rebound at 18:03 to advance the Knights' lead to 2-0.
- Clare scored her first goal after grabbing the ball off a defender's stick with just under four minutes left in the first half.
- In the eighth minute of the second half, Clare received a pass at the top of the circle, took two steps and scored on a 15 yard shot.
- First year forward Grace Dempsey lifted a ball past the Golden Eagle goalie from close range with 15:44 remaining for the Knights' fifth goal.
- Clare scored two goals for the second consecutive outing for the 11th multiple-goal game of her career.
- Geneseo (5-3, 2-0 SUNYAC) outshot Brockport (2-6, 0-2 SUNYAC), 44-1, with a 16-0 advantage in penalty corners.
- The Knights have held their last three opponents without a penalty corner.
Geneseo will travel to Oswego on Saturday (Sept. 29) for a 1 p.m. start.