MORRISVILLE, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Gabriella Clare and senior midfielder Madison Albrecht each scored two goals to lead the Knights to a 10-0 victory against Morrisville in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) play, Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Clare opened scoring just over two minutes into the game with a goal off of a rebound.
- At 20:22 junior defender Julia Kim received an inserted pass on a corner from senior defender Lydia Volpe and fired a quick shot to the back of the net. Less than two minutes later Clare tipped in a direct shot from sophomore forward Haley Clark, making the score 3-0.
- Sophomore forward Allie Prescott tallied the Knights' fourth goal to close out the first half after she received a pass from senior midfielder Tess Necaise.
- Sophomore midfielder Jordan Penkitis notched a quick goal less than four minutes into the second half off a short pass from junior forward Elisa Arcara and Albrecht followed with back-to-back goals in the next five minutes.
- With 22:42 on the second-half clock junior defender Gabrielle Sousa tipped the ball into the goal when first year forward Grace Dempsey sweeped the ball in front of the net.
- Three minutes later first year defender Grace Maley tipped the ball into the net off a pass from first year forward Katherine Kreiss, advancing Geneseo's lead to 9-0.
- Sophomore forward Hayley Fonfara closed out scoring for the Knights with a goal from right in front of the goalkeeper.
- Geneseo (4-3, 1-0) outshot Morrisville (1-4, 0-1), 43-0, with a 16-0 advantage in penalty corners.
- Maley and Prescott each scored their first collegiate goal while Penkitis tallied her first goal on the season and Kreiss earned her first point in a Knight jersey.
- This contest marks the fourth consecutive shutout win against Morrisville.
Geneseo returns home to play SUNYAC competitor, Brockport, Wednesday (Sept. 26).