GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior forward Erin Nolan scored one goal for the Knights but it was visiting St. John Fisher taking home a 2-1 double-overtime win, Wednesday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After a scoreless first half, the Cardinals (3-1) opened the scoring less than one minute into the second when Bre Socker ran the ball up the left side of the circle and scored on a low-angled shot from close range.
- The Knights were awarded a penalty stroke with 25 minutes left in regulation. Junior forward Elisa Arcara took the shot but St. John Fisher goalie Ashley Maynard recorded one of her 10 saves on the night.
- Geneseo (2-3) drew even with 12:14 on the second-half clock after Nolan tipped a pass from junior defender Julia Kim into the Cardinal goal to finish a two-on-one break.
- The score remained tied into the second overtime before St. John Fisher's Kelly Bergamo swept five-yard shot into the back of the Knights' cage.
- Geneseo outshot St. John Fisher, 16-13, with an 11-7 advantage in shots on goal.
- The Cardinals finished the game with an 8-7 advantage in penalty corners.
- Nolan scored her team-high third goal of the season after also adding two tallies in the Knights' 4-1 victory against William Smith (Sept. 5).
Geneseo travels to Keuka next Wednesday (Sept. 19) for a 4 p.m. match.