GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Giovanna Fasanello scored three goals to lead the Knights to a 7-0 victory against State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) competitor, Oswego, Saturday at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Fasanello opened scoring in the third minute after catching a rebound and slotting the ball into the net.
- The Knights added to their lead with three goals in a five-minute span. At 15:31 senior defender Morgan Maley tipped the ball into the goal off a shot from sophomore defender Julia Kim.
- Just over a minute later senior forward Cara Stafford traveled into the circle for an unassisted goal. Senior midfielder Emma Dempsey followed with a goal of her own three minutes later.
- Geneseo entered halftime with a 5-0 advantage after Maley dropped the ball into the net off a pass from sophomore forward Elisa Arcara.
- With just over two minutes left in the game Fasanello scored two goals in less than 30 seconds for a 7-0 Knight victory.
- With the hat trick, Fasanello moved into first in goals and points in the SUNYAC.
- Maley's two-goal game marked her second multi-goal game of the season.
- Geneseo (8-5, 4-2 SUNYAC) out-shot Oswego (5-5, 2-2 SUNYAC) 26-4, including a 19-2 advantage in shots on goal.
- The game marked the Knights' third-consecutive shut-out as senior goalkeeper Nicole Gregg and first-year goalkeeper Mia Ludwig combined to keep the Lakers scoreless.
Geneseo will host Utica on Wednesday (Oct. 18) at 5 PM.