GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior forward Gabriella Clare scored three goals to lead the Knights to a 7-0 victory against visiting State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) competitor, Morrisville, Friday at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo (6-6) opened the scoring in the sixth minute when junior defender Tess Necaise scored off a pass from senior forward Giovanna Fasanello.
- At the 13:24 mark, Fasanello shot into the opposite corner of the goal after a pass from first-year forward Sarah Armbrust as the Knights gained a 2-0 advantage.
- Less than two minutes later, Clare notched an unassisted goal off a defensive deflection.
- Geneseo entered halftime with a 4-0 lead after Clare scored her second on a tip-in from sophomore defender Julia Kim.
- Clare completed her hat trick with a score off of a rebound with 12:18 remaining in the game.
- After receiving a pass from senior defender Morgan Maley, sophomore forward Erin Nolan notched a goal to bring the lead to 6-0.
- On the final play of the game, Maley tipped the ball into the net off a rebounded shot from senior midfielder Diana Ruggiero to finish the match.
- Necaise's game-winning goal marked her first of the season.
- Geneseo outshot Morrisville 36-2, and held a 16-1 corner advantage.
- Clare's three tallies marked her second-consecutive multi-goal game, the sixth of her collegiate career.
- Armbrust notched her first collegiate point.
The Knights will travel to Brockport to face the SUNYAC foe at 4 P.M. on Wednesday (Oct. 11).