GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Cara Stafford scored twice and added an assist as the Knights defeated visiting Keuka, 6-1, Wednesday at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo (4-5) opened the scoring 37 seconds into the game when senior forward Giovanna Fasanello received a pass from Stafford and slotted a goal from close range.
- The Knights doubled their lead in the eighth minute after Fasanello slid a pass to Stafford who scored from just outside the crease.
- The Wolves (2-6) got on the board with 10 seconds left in the half after a pass by first-year defender Reily Albee was deflected into the air and hit in by Nicole Wilson.
- Geneseo regained its two goal lead with 24:38 remaining in the second half as junior midfielder Maria Dillingham scored on a low-driven shot into the bottom-right corner of the cage on a cross from junior midfielder Madison Albrecht.
- The Knights stretched their lead to 6-1 on goals by Stafford, junior forward Gabriella Clare and first-year forward Haley Clark in a six-minute span to seal the victory.
- Geneseo improved its all time record against Keuka to 3-0.
- The Knights outshot the Wolves 30-7, including a 15-4 advantage in shots on goal.
- Dillingham's goal was her first of the season.
- Geneseo sophomore defender Kristen Bull her first defensive save of her collegiate career.
The Knights return to action on Saturday (Sept. 30) to face Elmira at 11 a.m. at College Stadium.